Read the funniest math jokes that’ll make parents, teachers, and students laugh. Adding humor can make learning math fun and enjoyable.
Math is an important subject to learn in school. It boosts problem-solving skills, logical reasoning, and perseverance.
Related: The Funniest Chemistry Jokes
Make mathematics more fun with humor.
The following are the best math jokes that’ll make sum, if not everybody, laugh.
The funniest math jokes
1. Why did the triangle stop helping the circle?
It was pointless.
2. Why can’t parallel lines be friends?
They’ll never meet.
3. Do you know what’s odd?
Every other number.
4. What’s the best thing to do when it’s cold?
Go to a corner because it’s 90-degrees.
5. Why was algebra easy for the Romans?
X was always 10.
6. What did the zero say to the eight?
7. What do math teachers do when it snows?
Make snow angles.
8. Why was math class so long?
The teacher kept going off on a tangent.
9. Why shouldn’t you trust math teachers who use graph paper?
They’re always plotting something.
10. Why did two 4’s skip lunch?
They already 8.
11. Why shouldn’t you debate with a 90-degree angle?
They’re always right.
12. Why’s six afraid of seven?
Because seven eight nine.
13. What’s a math teacher’s favorite type of tree?
14. What’s the best tool for math?
15. Where do math teachers go on vacation?
16. How did the calculator reassure the student?
It said, “you can always count on me”.
17. Why is it important to study geometry every day?
To stay in shape.
18. Why do plants hate math?
It gives them square roots.
19. How many sailors become pirates?
20. How does a math teacher get a tangerine?
21. Why shouldn’t you let math intimidate you?
It’s as easy as pi.
22. Why don’t obtuse angles ever pass the test?
They’re never right.
23. Why did the student wear glasses in math class?
To improve di-vision.
24. Why was the equal sign so humble?
It knew it wasn’t greater or less than anyone else.
25. Why was the math teacher suspicious of prime numbers?
They were acting odd.
26. Who invented fractions?
Henry the Eighth.
27. Why was the math book sad?
It had too many problems.
28. Why doesn’t glue like math books?
It keeps getting stuck on the problems.
29. What do you call a hen that does math?
30. What did area say to perimeter during an argument?
I feel you keep going around the problem.
31. What did Sir Isaac Newton eat for dessert?
32. How many math puns guarantee laughter?
33. Are any monsters good at math?
Only if you Count Dracula.
34. Why don’t math teachers call their students average?
Because it would be mean.
35. Why can’t your nose be 12 inches long?
Then, it would be a foot.
36. What’s an opinion without 3.14159?
37. Why was the math teacher late?
The teacher took the rhom-bus.
38. How do math teachers plow fields?
They use a pro-tractor.
39. Did you hear about the over-educated circle?
It has 360 degrees.
40. What shape is the hole in a parrot’s cage?
41. How many feet are in a yard?
It depends on how many people are in the yard.
42. Why shouldn’t you talk to a math teacher about infinity?
You’ll never hear the end of it.
43. What do you call a number that’s always moving?
A roamin’ numeral.
44. What did the student say when they couldn’t solve the equation?
This is derive-ing me crazy!
45. What did the bee say after solving the math problem?
Hive got it.
46. What does a moon and a dollar have in common?
47. Why aren’t atheists good with exponents?
They don’t believe in higher powers.
48. What kind of math do birds like?
49. What’s a butterfly’s favorite subject?
50. What’s a swimmer’s favorite type of math?
51. Why did the obtuse angle go to the pool?
Because it was over 90 degrees.
Related: The Funniest “It’s So Hot” Jokes
52. What did the acorn say when it grew up?
53. How do the math teacher get an injury?
She sprained her angle.
54. What’s a math teacher’s favorite snake?
55. What do you feed baby parabolas?
56. Have you heard the latest statistics joke?
57. What do you call friends who love math?
58. What happens to math teachers as they age?
They lose some of their functions.
59. Who is the king of school supplies?
60. Why shouldn’t you talk to pi?
It’ll go on and on forever.
61. How is my girlfriend like the square root of -100?
A perfect ten, but purely imaginary.
Related: Hilarious Pick-Up Lines That Work
62. Why do math teachers love about parks?
All the natural logs.
63. Why did seven eat nine?
Because you’re supposed to eat three squared meals a day.
64. Why didn’t sin and tan go to the party?
65. How do you make time fly?
Throw a clock out the window.
66. Why isn’t division a well-loved subject?
It makes you feel bad for the remainders.
67. How do you find a math tutor?
You’ll see an add-vertisement.
68. Why was the triangle the MVP of the basketball team?
It always made three-pointers.
69. Which shape should you avoid?
70. What happens to an angle in a car accident?
It becomes a rectangle.
- Funny jokes for kids
- Back-to-school jokes for kids
- The best dad jokes of all time
- Jokes about getting old
Featured image courtesy of Canva.
About David Em
David Em is the founder of Box of Puns, which he created to add more laughter and humor to life.