As school starts up again, head in with the best and funniest back-to-school jokes that’ll leave everyone laughing.
While the end of summer vacation isn’t funny, you can go to class with a smile because of jokes.
Related: The Corniest Dad Jokes of All Time
Also, it can break the ice with new students or teachers.
So, remember the following back-to-school jokes to start the school year with humor.
Funny back-to-school jokes
1. How are magicians able to pass every test?
They know the answers to the trick questions.
2. Why was the math book sad?
It had too many problems.
3. Why did the music teacher go to the top floor?
To hit the high notes.
4. Why is it impossible to learn the alphabet on a ship?
You’ll get lost at C.
5. What does a thesaurus love to eat?
A synonym roll.
6. Why did the teacher wear sunglasses?
The students were so bright.
7. Why did the students eat their homework?
The teacher said it was a piece of cake.
8. Why can’t a nose be 12 inches long?
It would be a foot.
9. How do you get straight A’s?
Use a ruler.
10. Why did the gummy bear go to school?
To become a Smartie.
11. Why was 6 afraid of 7?
Because 7, 8, 9.
12. What did one calculator say to the other?
You can always count on me.
13. Why did the student steal a chair?
The teacher told him to take a seat.
14. Which building has the most stories?
15. Who’s the king of all school supplies?
16. When do astronauts eat?
At launch time.
17. What’s a snake’s favorite school subject?
18. What’s better than a talking dog?
A spelling bee.
19. What did the paper say to the pencil?
You have a good point.
20. Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher?
He couldn’t control his pupils.
21. How is 1+1=4 like your left foot?
It’s not right.
22. How many months have 28 days?
All of them.
23. What do librarians use as bait when they go fishing?
24. What did one angle say to the other?
You’re acute angle.
25. Where do people go to learn how to make ice cream?
26. Why was the obtuse angle sad?
It knew it would never be right.
27. What do math teachers eat for dessert?
28. Why don’t you see giraffes in elementary school?
They’re all in high school.
29. What’s the best tool to bring on your first day of math class?
30. What did Johnny say when his mom asked what he learned at school?
Not enough. They’re making me go back tomorrow.
31. What kind of school do surfers go to?
32. Why’s glue bad at math?
It gets stuck on problems.
33. What do elves learn in school?
34. Why didn’t the nose want to go to school?
It was tired of getting picked on.
35. What class was the caterpillar most excited about?
36. Where did the music teacher leave their keys?
In the piano.
37. What’s a math teacher’s favorite state?
38. Why was school easier for the first people on Earth?
There wasn’t a history to study.
39. Why didn’t the broom pass the class?
It was always sweeping in class.
40. Who always knows when school starts?
41. Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?
At the bottom.
42. How do bees get to school?
They take the school buzz.
43. What does a computer do at lunch?
It has a byte.
44. How do science teachers freshen their breath?
45. Why did the student take online classes on an airplane?
To get a higher education.
46. Why don’t fish take vacations?
They’re always in school.
47. What happens if a dean loses their job?
They’d lose their i-dean-ity.
48. What’s the difference between a teacher and a train?
A teacher says, “Spit out your gum!” A train says, “Chew! Chew!”
49. What kind of tree does a math teacher climb?
50. How do you make seven even?
Take away the S.
51. Why did the chemistry teacher marry the janitor?
The janitor swept the teacher off their feet.
52. Why don’t students like Mr. Soda?
He gives pop quizzes.
Featured image courtesy of Canva.
About David Em
David Em is the founder of Box of Puns, which he created to add more laughter and humor to life.