Whether or not you’re into science, chemistry jokes will make you laugh. They’re also great for sharing with others.
1. I saw oxygen and magnesium holding hands.
I was like OMg.
2. Why did the comedian stop telling chemistry jokes?
No one reacted.
3. Why can’t you find any good chemistry jokes?
4. Do you know any jokes about sodium?
Related: 40+ fire puns that bring the heat
5. I wonder why so many businesses mine cobalt.
Most of them end in Co.
6. What are all jerks made of?
Arsenic and sulfur (AsS).
7. Are you made of copper and tellurium?
Because you’re CuTe.
Related: The Best and Funniest Pick-Up Lines
8. Periodically, I can be nitrogen, erbium, and dysprosium.
9. Why do chemists like nitrates?
They’re cheaper than day rates.
10. Did you know McDonald’s uses moscovium in their chicken sandwiches?
I didn’t either, but I should’ve known since it’s called a McChicken.
Related: 20+ funny jigsaw puzzle puns
11. How do chemists drink water?
By using silicon, phosphorus, and sulfur to take SiPS.
12. What’s the chemical formula for coffee?
13. What’s the best way to change the color of your clothes?
By using dysprosium and einsteinium, or DyEs.
14. What type of dance requires lithium and neon?
15. Oxygen and potassium collided. Do you know how they’re doing?
16. Why can’t you trust atoms?
They make up everything.
17. Did you hear about the chemist who was reading a book about helium?
She couldn’t put it down.
18. What do you do when a chemist passes away?
19. Why are noble gasses lonely?
They’re most stable alone.
20. What do you call a tooth in a glass of water?
A one molar solution.
21. What did one charged atom say to the other?
I’ve got my ion you.
22. Why is gold the best element?
23. What did everyone say when oxygen, hydrogen, sulfur, sodium, and phosphorus walked in?
24. What happened when carbon and hydrogen went on a date?
25. What did the chemist say after finding two isotopes of helium?
Related: 30+ funniest bird puns
26. Why should you go to restaurants with neutrons?
Wherever they go, there’s no charge.
27. Have you heard the joke about cobalt, radon, and yttrium?
It was CoRnY.
28. What element comes from a Norse god?
29. What do you say when someone throws sodium chloride at you?
That’s a salt.
30. What does a chemist make with oxygen, astatine, and sulfur?
31. Why are phosphorus and aluminum the key to not being lonely?
You’ll always have a PAl.
32. Do you want to hear a joke about nitrogen and oxygen?
33. Why did the chemist take francium, radium, nitrogen, and cerium on an airplane?
To go to FrRaNCe.
34. What’s a chemist’s favorite holiday song?
Oh chemis-tree, oh chemis-tree.
35. How do cobalt and astatine keep you warm?
You’ll have a CoAt.
36. What’s the most important rule in chemistry?
Never lick the spoon.
- Funny jokes for kids
- Back-to-school jokes for kids
- Jokes about getting old
- The best dad jokes of all time
- Out-of-the-park sports jokes
Featured image by David Em and Canva.
About David Em
David Em is the founder of Box of Puns, which he created to add more laughter and humor to life.