Read the funniest and best book puns that’ll have librarians, teachers, friends, and bookworms laughing uncontrollably.
1. It was bound to happen.
2. We have to book it.
3. I’m all booked with books.
4. Learn how to love your-shelf.
Related: 40+ funniest name jokes
5. A spooky author is a ghostwriter.
6. I don’t give a book.
7. I’m with a real page-turner.
8. I want you to open up to me.
9. I like big books and I cannot lie.
10. Tequila Mockingbird.
11. Libraries have the most stories.
12. A dinosaur that knows a lot of synonyms is a thesaurus.
13. Comma here quickly.
14. When I think about books, I touch my shelf.
Related: 45+ hilarious weather puns
15. I’m doing all of the write moves.
16. Metaphors be with you.
17. ISBN thinking about you.
18. A book about anti-gravity is impossible to put down.
19. Leave poetry to the prose.
20. A book fell on me, and I can only blame my shelf.
21. There was fiction between us.
22. I need to read a book about teleportation. I’m sure it’ll get me somewhere.
23. I just read a book about mazes and got lost in it.
Related: 40+ best motivational puns
24. The book about mountains ended with a cliffhanger.
25. The period told the sentence, “We better stop now.”
26. Libraries are good for circulation.
27. Witches are the best editors because they always run spell-check.
Related: 40+ hilarious furniture puns
28. You have great shelf-awareness.
29. I’ve got your book.
30. This was a book well spent.
31. A good book hits the plot.
32. Tale me a secret.
33. I’m learning how to do yoga proses.
34. Can I check you out?
35. Let’s get under the book covers.
36. The student was an aggressive learner. He hit the books.
37. Food for plot.
38. Let’s take a shelf-ie.
39. Stay true to your shelf.
40. This book took the words out of my mouth.
41. I read a book about black holes, and it really drew me in.
42. Check your shelf before you wreck your shelf.
Related: 30+ best cake puns
43. Libraries give a shhh.
44. Treat yo shelf.
45. When a librarian goes fishing, they take book worms.
46. I’m ready to start a new chapter in life.
47. I’m not able to read you.
48. Reading is a novel idea.
49. Talk wordy to me.
50. What Dewey want to do?
51. You Gatsby kidding me.
Featured image by David Em/Box of Puns.
About David Em
David Em is the founder of Box of Puns, which he created to add more laughter and humor to life.