Clowns are silly and goofy, but some are scary. You either love or hate them. If you’re a fan of jesters, you’ll get a good laugh from clown jokes.
Clowns perform before audiences to make people laugh. You may also hear them as buffoons, jokers, and jesters.
In America, the first circus with clowns dates back to 1793. But clowns date back further, as they were a part of ancient Egypt and Rome.
There are also various types, including whiteface, auguste, mime, and creepy.
Whether you’re a fan or know someone who is, get a good laugh with the following clown jokes.
Hilarious clown jokes
1. How does a clown-shaped lollipop taste?
2. What do you call it when a clown holds the door open for you?
A nice jester.
3. Why do people run away from clowns?
They smell funny.
4. What do you do if a group of clowns attacks you?
Go for the juggler.
5. What’s the worst part of playing tag with a clown?
When the clown is It.
6. What creature gets shoe advice from clowns?
7. What do you call it when a clown gets flowers for his girlfriend?
A romantic jester.
8. How much cloud storage does a clown need?
9. What material do you use to make a clown suit?
10. I began dating a girl whose ex-boyfriend was a clown.
I have some big shoes to fill.
11. How do clowns cook eggs?
12. Why did the cannibal spit out the clown?
It tasted funny.
13. What does a clown say on Valentine’s Day?
Will you be mime?
14. When was the circus?
15. Why did the clown go to the doctor?
He felt funny.
16. I’m starting a shoe business for clowns.
It’s no small feat.
17. What do you call a clown that never sits down?
A stand-up comedian.
18. What do you call an unattractive clown?
19. Why did the clown cross the road?
To get his rubber chicken.
20. What happened to the clown after going into the cannon during a circus?
He got fired.
21. Why was the clown sad?
He broke his funny bone.
22. Why are circus clowns always exhausted?
Their jobs are in-tents.
23. What kind of fish tastes funny?
24. My role models are clowns who perform on stilts.
I’ve always looked up to them.
25. Why do clowns have stiff necks?
They sleep funny.
26. What kind of doctor tells people that laughter is the best medicine?
A clown doctor.
27. Why did the clown get in trouble at work?
He was fooling everyone.
28. Which city has the best clowns?
29. Why was the clown’s education a joke?
He was juggling with his future.
30. What kind of sickness do clowns get?
31. How do clowns snore?
Honk shoe. Honk shoe. Honk shoe.
32. What do you call a clown that’s good with money?
33. Why can’t you take clowns seriously?
They always clown around.
34. What did the clown dress up as for Halloween?
35. What do Winnie the Pooh and Bozo the Clown have in common?
They both have the same middle name.
36. What’s the name of a rich clown?
37. What do you call a clown that’s not getting stronger?
38. What does a clown say when giving directions?
39. What kind of doctor treats clowns with tumors?
40. Why did the clown quit?
People weren’t taking him seriously.
41. What do clowns use to fill up their cars?
42. A clown had an interview for a party supplies store. The test was to inflate a balloon.
He blew it.
43. Where do clowns go if they’re missing props?
The lost and clown-d.
44. What do you call a storm of clowns?
45. Did you hear about the clown?
It’s the talk of the clown.
46. What does a clown feel after drinking too much alcohol?
47. What does a clown say to their friends?
Let’s honk out.
48. What does a clown say when they want food?
49. Who do clowns see for advice?
50. What do clowns get for shopping during a sale?
51. What do you call it when you meet a clown?
52. Why did someone do the Heimlich maneuver on a clown?
He was joking.
53. How do you know how many clowns are in a circus?
54. Did you hear about the scary clown?
It was jester-rifying.
55. What does a clown do if they’re going the wrong way?
56. Did you hear the news about the clown?
I jester-d about it.
57. How much does a clown weigh?
Featured image by David Em/Box of Puns.
About David Em
David Em is the Founder and Lead Punster of Box of Puns, which he created to add more laughter and humor to life.