Scientists are constantly making discoveries about dinosaurs. Whether you love them or have a kid who does, read the best dinosaur puns.
Dig through dinosaur puns for pre-historic humor.
The name was coined by Sir Richard Owen, an English naturalist. He called it Dinosauria, meaning fearfully great lizard.
Related: Hiss-terical Snake Puns
Fossils have been found on every continent. Scientists predict that dinosaurs lived on Earth for about 245 million years (Source: American Museum of Natural History).
Some could fly, but most were land animals.
If you’re ready for a good laugh, read the following dinosaur puns.
2. Have a roar-some day.
3. A flying dinosaur is a dino-soar.
4. Do you think they saurus?
5. After a dinosaur works out, it’s dino-sore.
6. A cleaning dinosaur does dino-chores.
7. It sticks out like a saur thumb.
8. A dinosaur that knows a lot of words is a thesaurus.
9. A sleeping dinosaur is a dino-snore.
10. Dinosaurs destroy what they touch. You could say tyrannosaurus wrecks.
11. When you mix a dog and a dinosaur, you get a terrier-dactyl.
12. I’m going to the dino-store.
13. Don’t be a saur loser.
14. When you’re constantly lending to a dinosaur, you can call it a baro-w-saurus.
15. A dinosaur that takes photos is a camerasaurus.
16. A dinosaur that’s willing to give it a shot is a try-ceratops.
17. Tea Rex.
18. The scariest dinosaur is a terror-dactyl.
19. A group of singing dinosaurs is called a tyranno-chorus.
20. If a dinosaur can’t decide on where to go, it’s a stay-gosaurus.
21. After a breakup, it’s a tyrannosaurus ex.
Related: 35+ buzzing bee puns
22. I’ll raptor present tonight.
23. Call the tricera-cops.
26. I’m pter-ribly saur-ry.
27. You bet Jurassic-an do it.
28. I dino what to say.
29. You’re pter-rific!
30. I want my arms raptor-ound you.
31. Dinosaur many things we can do.
32. Happy anniver-saur-y.
33. This is the tricera-bottom, and this is the tricera-top.
34. A sight for saur eyes.
35. A dinosaur that likes to scare others is a scare-dactyl.
36. A dinosaur’s least favorite reindeer is Comet.
37. You can’t hear a pterodactyl go to the bathroom because the P is silent.
38. If Harry Potter was a dinosaur, he’d be a dinosaur-cerer.
39. The Archaeopteryx was good at catching worms because they were early birds.
40. Don’t worry, Isano-thing.
41. Be careful, you could brachio bones.
- Funny jokes for kids
- The funniest bird puns
- The best riddles (with answers) for kids
- The best riddles with answers for kids and adults
- The best food riddles
Featured image courtesy of Canva.
About David Em
David Em is the founder of Box of Puns, which he created to add more laughter and humor to life.